Lloyd D. Rae
With over 35 years of experience in the car and truck rental business as an owner and CEO of an on-airport car rental company at Los Angeles International Airport, I have worked as an expert witness for 16 years and have been retained over 58 times. I have opined in cases for both plaintiffs and defendants involving contract disputes, standard of care, business practices, maintenance practices, insurance coverages, franchise agreements and policy and procedures.
|July 1981- January 2001
|| T.C.L. Inc. dba Payless Car Rental
||Chief Executive Officer
- Established and managed a car and truck rental company as a national licensee at Los Angeles International Airport.
- Started with 67 cars with annual revenue of $500,000. Expanded the fleet to over 400 cars with annual revenue of $5,000,000.
- Truck rental business, with a national licensee, local and one-way rentals.
- Negotiated leases for office building and on-airport in terminal car rental concessions.
- Obtained over $8,000,000 in lines of credit with four financial institutions for fleet financing of new and used cars.
- Interfaced with accountants preparing financial statements and corporate attorneys on franchise agreements.
- Handled $4-5,000,000 in accounts payable per year.
- Managed 40 employees, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Purchased approximately 300 new and used cars per year.
- Determined the sale price for used vehicles and sold approximately 200 cars per year through local auto auctions.
- Purchased all computer and software equipment for a multi-user system.
- Sold the business in November 2000.
|May 2001 – Present
|| Westchester Investments & Consulting
||Sr. Business Consultant
Lloyd@RaeConsulting.net 310.800.5452 www.RaeConsulting.net